[SEL] 12 volt 2000 lbs winch

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 2 21:27:24 PDT 2005

well, unfortunately it's not that simple.  what I want to build is kind of
hard to describe but it's a boom that would mount on my trailer about 12'
long that works like a trolley with an electric winch to pick up bee hives &
position them on the trailer.  would have an up/down switch for each thumb
mounted on the bracket that lifts the hive; one switch would pick the hive
up; other move the hive carrier in & out on the boom (can use one of those
little 40 bux winches for that I know) after you swivel the boom into
position.

Lew