[SEL] OT- Right handed gloves??

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Sun Oct 2 19:56:43 PDT 2005

At 10:29 AM 10/2/2005, you wrote:
>Hi Paul,
>The problem is mice.  I'm guessing that you're right handed?  The hand
>wielding the stick gets much hotter than the support hand and thus sweats
>much more.  The mice prefer the salty gloves to the others.  There's a
>similar problem with canoe paddles and porcupines up north.
>Hope that helps...
>See ya,  Arnie

Hi Paul,
         I was not going to get in on this threat at all until Arnie
offered you the above advice--which is TOTALLY wrong. However, given his
advice to you I believe that I must set the record straight!
         Now I've known Arnie for some time now and he and I have been
through a LOT together. He is my best friend and one hell of a nuclear
engineer. In all his years of designing nuclear plants here in the USA he
has never had a MELTDOWN (TMI does not count because it only went half way,
and Chernobyl was not in the USA!)
         None the less, Arnie is simply WRONG on what has happened to your
right handed gloves. It has NOTHING to do with mice, in fact mice are much
too small to haul a welding glove away.
         I would suggest, however, that Arnie is correct that you are right
handed--or at least that you wipe yourself with your right hand after you
finish your "business."
         Now, no matter how well you wash your hands after you finish the
odor remains, at least enough that a groundhog (or a democrat) could smell
it. Clearly, one of the two of them has been making off with your glove! If
it was a groundhog you will find it in his hole, if it was a democrat you
may never find your gloves because they will have been eaten!
         Dave