[SEL] 12 volt 2000 lbs winch, alternative hoist

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Sun Oct 2 19:03:14 PDT 2005

This is my favorite Hoist is this one
http://www.proengcorp.com/hoistpage.htm
Sold by McMaster Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCtlgPage.asp?ReqTyp=CATALOG&CtlgPgNbr=1298&CtlgEdition=&sesnextrep=528175655184940&ScreenWidth=1280&McMMainWidth=0

It is not cheep ($130) but it is very well made, easy to use, and gives
great control.  I modified mine so I can use either the hand crank or a
cordless drill.

Let me know if you want pix.

Frank DeWitt

At 12:00 PM 10/2/2005, you wrote:
>I'm considering a project that I'd wanted to use one of these to lift a
>load of approximately 250-300 pounds maximum.  Can you suggest another
>cheap 12v "hoist or winch" that would be suitable for this?  It's not
>something I'd use often; maybe a half dozen times a year so "long life
>without wearing out" not a real issue.  Maybe someone here has something
>suitable you'd sell?
>
>Thanx!
>
>Lew Best in Waco, TX

HONOR GOD
SERVE PEOPLE
DEVELOP EXCELLENCE
GROW PROFITABLE
FOLLOWING BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES

    Frank DeWitt              |  mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
    Mechanical Design      |  Phone:  585 624 3052
    LBP  INC.                   |  Fax     585 624 1038
    2365 Cox Rd.              |     N 42.9130  W
77.5164|
    Bloomfield NY 14469   |Web   http://www.lbpinc.com