[SEL] All comes together at once :-)

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sat Oct 1 19:38:27 PDT 2005

  Howdy all;
Well the ring for the Gal sawing outfit showed up today and got her in and
everything back together.  I took the head off to install the piston as
trying to keep the rings oriented on the "pin" was kickin' my rear when
installing from the other end.  One thing I did notice is that on a 5hp
roundrod, the bottom head stud is exposed to the coolant..unlike the
others....and it had already corroded.  Next time I'm going to a stainless
stud.

   And then Eco wouldn't start, so pulled the Webster and played with the
igniter points and man are they tired.  Some time ago we talked about
replacing the contacts, but don't remember what would be the best.  I'm
thinkin' now a stainless steel rivet.   whatcha all think?

  Tomorrow, hopefully will be a good crankup day for the Gal.

  And the Steamer is coming closer and closer everyday for using up some
boiled water.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/188300547/434702255hUGlnm

later,
RickinMt.