[SEL] Mystery engine

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 1 16:24:25 PDT 2005

Hi all,

Went to one of my clubs shows today. It is part of a city festival. Our
club is part of it with the engine dispay, tractors, and sawmill. Not
the best turnout of engines, but a few nice sideshafts running. The
sawmill was awesome this year with six machines working. Four belted to
tractors, and two to 8 HP Witte engines. I gave thought to taking the
Maytag, but decided not to. My good buddy and family attended and I
wanted to spend the day with them. He told his daughters, late teens,
about it and they were excited. They remember the shows in Mindon,
Nebraska much like this and always loved them. That Mindon show is where
I fell in love with hit and miss engines many years ago. We had a great
day visiting and enjoying the show. Great eats and a lovely 85 degree day.

I attend to club business much faster than personal site stuff, so
pictures should be up soon. For now I'll leave you with a mytery engine
to look at. It has a bevel gear under the plastic cover in the photos
that probably drove a shaft for a washer. Might have been a prototype,
or perhaps military. It also rotates opposite of most engines of this
type including Maytags.

http://frapa.us/Mystery/Mystery.html

Back to work.

Jeff Allen