[SEL] Salesman Sample was Re: transport

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Wed Nov 30 16:15:42 PST 2005

Tom,

    We talked some serious bills on it.  But, I don't think he really
wanted to sell it at the time.  He passed away and his son ended up with
it.  He and I chatted once about it but he could never settle on a price
and wanted me and some others to "make offers" on it.  I told him to put
it on ebay and then the world could make offers on it.  I didn't hear
anymore about it until Kenny got it last year.  Its a small pile of iron
worth a big pile of money.  I have one of the Callahan models that Harry
Cooper made (he used my 4 HP to scale from).  Its almost identical in
size (maybe 1/8" difference in the flywheel diameter) to the one Kenny
has.  I'll throw it out behind the barn and in 10 years, I'll have a
Salesman Sample (well, at least it would look like one).

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY