[SEL] Reaming valve stem tower

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Tue Nov 22 07:59:26 PST 2005

Ok John gotcha...makes sense to me. Now the reamers I've seen have a square
drive end much like a tap, with countersunk indexing hole.  I could orient
the valve guide to the drill press, put a handle on the reamer, Install a
pointed gizmo thing in the drill chuck and bring the pointed gizmo down into
the indexing hole on the reamer.  This will orient the reamer straight up
and down and keep it from cocking.

  This is where a third hand would be handy, eh?

  Do I use cutting oil with a reamer doing cast?  Been told not to use
cutting oil when threading cast with taps/dies?

Thanks pard
Rick