[SEL] Outages at ATIS

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu Nov 17 18:50:57 PST 2005

A piece of Time Warner's equipment died.   Took me several hours to
recognize it was their equipment since the internal interface passed tests,
but the external interface was bad.  Then it took them until about 9:30pm
last night to fix it.   I apologize for the delay, but I am glad I have
business class service.   This was about the 5th time in the last year I
have had to have round-the-clock attention and a technician working at
night at my house.  Between the cable run, amplifier, and router everything
they own that is on my property has had to be replaced this year.  This and
the hard drive dying has made it a banner year for long outages.

Once again, many apologies...

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!