[SEL] New Way update

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Thu Nov 17 08:12:39 PST 2005

G'day all;
  Well disassembly on the 4.5hp vertical is going nicely and it's almost in
a million pieces.  Only problem is removing the stubborn intake valve cage.
I'm staying away from the rattle wrench for now as I don't want to break
those inside partitions.  Once again..are there threads on the bottom of the
intake valve cage?  I've had several people say no.

  Also in desperate need of a book as they are hard to come by. Reprint
would well suffice.

  I believe the demise of this engine was possibly the governor collar on
the cs.  After many heat cycles, it finally came loose.  I also decided the
gov. mechanisms were in dire need of a closer look so flywheel came off and
decided why not take the other one off also...only to discover a stud was
used for key and then the gib was driven in....Luv this stuff!!!

  The gas tank does have a small leak but sealer should fix that.

  Well enough for now..I've added a few pix's to the existing album:

http://community.webshots.com/album/471752277SOWnom

Regards
RickinMt.