[SEL] Bethlehem Steel Gas Engines

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Sun Nov 13 17:59:01 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of Rick Rowlands
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 5:46 PM
To: The SEL email discussion list; STEEL at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [SEL] Bethlehem Steel Gas Engines

This is what I did on Veterans Day!

http://community.webshots.com/album/502877665GYKjkm

Rick Rowlands
Tod Engine Foundation
2261 Hubbard Road
Youngstown, OH  44505
330-728-2799
www.todengine.org

William Tod Co. 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Rolling Mill Engine
Historic Mechanical and Materials Engineering Landmark

~~~~~~~~

Thank you for posting some very impressive pictures, Rick.  They were a real
eye-opener.  Most texts that describe steel manufacturing processes, but
don't explain the source of air.  I guess I always assumed blowers were
used, but of course blowers couldn't produce sufficient pressure.   It never
dawned on me that reciprocating pumps were used.  Fascinating.

Regards,

Orrin