[SEL] Pin striping with 'One-Shot'

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Thu Nov 10 07:40:50 PST 2005

Hi Rick,

That IS an interesting thread.

I've never had any problems with pinstripes lifting.
(Except on my car which was "professionally" done.)
But then, THEY use "exotic" paints.

I don't use "exotic" paints to paint old iron.
Mostly, I use Rust-Oleum both on the engine and as the pinstripe.
I have, lately, "cleared" my engines and other things I've painted
and - I do it with good ol' fashion varnish.

I am well pleased with the results.
Have had NO problems with lifting - flaking - or fish eye.

However - Lately, when using Rust-Oleum rattle cans, I HAVE had problems
with the "Enamel" reacting to the original paint.
Usually on the first coat, everything is okay.
The SECOND coat is the one doing the damage no matter how lightly I
spray.

I have also noticed that the "Enamel" in these cans smells remarkably
like the old
lacquer I used to spray auto's with years ago.
And - it is reacting just as lacquer over enamel would.

Just my 2 cents.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
,-._,-.          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
\/)"(\/        If we had our life to live over,
(_o_)          we'd probably make the same mistakes sooner.