[SEL] O.T. Need Help on Outlook Express

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Thu Nov 10 10:49:18 PST 2005

I am tagging onto what Arnie has said just to suggest to all that when
confronted with such a challenge, try your ISP help line first.  Anytime
I have run into such a problem, they have been helpful and gotten me
back up and running.

Gary

Arnie Fero wrote:
> Paul (and all who would like to help him),
>
> As serious as this problem is for Paul, this dialog is of no use
> whatsoever to the other 400 or so who read this list or the digest
> version.
>
> Would everyone who can offer help to Paul, please do it off-list DIRECTLY
> TO PAUL?
>
> And Paul, would it be too much trouble for you to also reply
> off-list directly to those who provide help?
>
> If you feel that everyone would benefit in some way, why not just post the
> "final solution" when you get sorted?  Although I doubt that the details
> of HOW YOUR email got screwed up would be of interest.  We would like to
> hear that you are "fixed" however.
>
> See ya,  Arnie
>
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Paul Maples wrote:
>

>>Hey gang I need some help, I cannot receive messages in my Outlook
>>Express 6.0 e-mail and right now I am having to use this web based
>>server. I keep getting this message:
>>
>>An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Paul Maples', Server:
>>'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
>>Error Number: 0x80004005
>>
>>Has anyone had this problem and if so cna you tell me what I need to do
>>about it. I need help bad as I don't like this web base e-mail client.

In the Ozark Mountains of South Central USA where both life and I move
at a leisurely pace.