[SEL] I found something about which I know nothing!!!

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Tue Nov 8 21:37:04 PST 2005

> MR-
> OK, if you say so.  I don't see, however, how these
> topics are in any way, shape, or form "off topic".
> JM

In the before times, in the long long ago, the Stationary Engine List was run by
a crazed rusthead by the name of Brice, who, through some sort of agreement, was
able to extort server time from Indiana University.  The University, being a
governmentally funded establishment of much learnedness and wisdom, would not
allow the virtue of their servers to be sullied by the capitalistic exchange of
goods, namely engines.  Thus spaketh the dean:  "Thou shalt not sell stuff on
The List!"  All the rustheads were grateful for the opportunity to exchange
ideas with others through the use of the university's server, so we humbly
obliged.  It was then that the precedent was set.  To this day we honor the
customs of the elders and refrain from blatant selling on The List.

Rob

P.S.
Still looking for anything about which I know something!