[SEL] H&M Famous question

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Mon Nov 7 09:08:30 PST 2005

At Cotton Ginning Days my 8HP Famous sawrig got to where it was latching
out less and less and the speed was getting higher and higher. Now I
need to make the repair to correct this. I have the latchout lever out
and have determined the only worn part is the roller that runs on the
governor ring. At the moment it measures 1.20 OD.

I am guessing they made this a "normal" diameter and in the "as new"
condition should be 1.250 diameter. Can someone can confirm this?

Also this part has no heat treat, which was a real surprise. Perhaps it
has been replaced in the past and is why it wore out....
Does anyone know if this part was originally heat treated? Or did they
leave it soft to save the governor ring?

Thanks,
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC