[SEL] Economy engine Plug Fouling

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Thu Nov 3 20:15:43 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/3/2005 3:31:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jbcast at charter.net writes:

Check  your ignition Francis, sounds like it may be weak.

 JB, Dave, & Jim,
Thanks for the replies.
I seem to be get a nice blue spark.  This engine uses  a modified HECO
magneto that is chain driven.  My magneto person is  not too impressed with this
type of magneto.  Furthermore, I can't  seem to find very much information for it
on the Internet.
Yes, Dave, I tried a 3095 and a Wards #1 (take  apart) spark plugs.  I was
able to disassemble the Ward plug and clean  it.  Regardless of what plug I was
using, the engine would run for short  time before the plug fouled.  I'll try
to find a "X" Champion type.

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria, CA