[SEL] Oilers

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Thu Nov 3 07:19:56 PST 2005

Hi Tom,
I'll try to answer your questions.

I adjust my oilers to drip once every 15 seconds or so.
        You will have to try different settings and see what's best for
the engine.
I give my grease caps a "twist" (about a half turn) each day of running.
        If they feel dry or give no resistance maybe turn them a little
more.
        You really don't want grease ozzing out the sides of the
bearings.
        Too much grease will fling off while running and could get on
peoples clothes.
        Of course - Too much doesn't hurt the engine.
As for the depressions - I'm not familiar with the Stover -  Are they
deep enough to insert some wicking?
        The wick could be soaked with oil and allow enough seepage to oil
the bearing.
        Or - they might just be a way to apply oil.  If so, I would oil
at least daily while running.
Hope this helps.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com   - - -     www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.         "When law enforcement isn't available, Americans turn to
the one
 \/)"(\/         right that protects all others - The Right to Keep and
Bear Arms."
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz