[SEL] Early Galloway trucks re-visited..possibly some new light

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Thu Nov 3 06:46:32 PST 2005

I found Illinois embossed into the angle irons that comprise the frame of
the 1939 John Deere H that I am restoring.  The font was slanted, as I
recall, but not as stylized as what I see on Rick's Galloway saw rig.  It
was not in the same place on the 2 sides, which would make me think it was
embossed periodically on longer pieces which were then cut to size.  The
letters were raised, how did they do that?  Not very high, with a coat of
primer and then paint they are hard to detect.

B²

Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, MN, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.