[SEL] Cracked Dog

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Tue Nov 1 08:03:11 PST 2005

Hi Guys,
Orrin - Rick - George & others

Well - - - After further examination - I see that the crack in this
Yellow Dog
runs from a hairline at the top of the dog, down around the spout at
about 1/32 wide,
down around 1/3 of the bottom at a hairline crack again. The widest part
being at the spout.

JB Weld is still a consideration but it looks like this crack was filled
before.

Can you give me more info on this 706 (?) rod for welding cast and who
manufactures it ?

Other than that I might try brazing. If I can get it clean enough.

It wouldn't be hard to pre-heat as I could run a propane torch inside
while welding on the outside.

Still - The thinness of the sides scares me as I don't want to "blow"
through if I try stick welding.

OTOH  - - - Has anyone tried Soldering cast ?

I don't need strength - I just want to seal it.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com   - - -     www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.         "When law enforcement isn't available, Americans turn to
the one
 \/)"(\/         right that protects all others - The Right to Keep and
Bear Arms."
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz