[SEL] Make your own Iron Castings!!

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Sun May 29 20:52:37 PDT 2005

> Sloss Furnaces in Birmingham offers this workshop for a fee of $200
> and we would charge the same for a nearly identical class.  I would
> like to take the Sloss class to see how they teach theirs.

Hey, I'm glad to hear they're finally doing something with the Sloss
Furnace! I remember from my childhood when it was a going concern, but
it got shut down by EPA regulations in the late '60s or so. When I was
in med school in Birmingham in the '70s it was just rusting away, with
some  talk of making it a museum.

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA