[SEL] Cylinder/piston questions

Vivas1993 at aol.com Vivas1993 at aol.com
Mon May 23 08:54:26 PDT 2005

Hi Mike,
 My buddy Leo often finds engines that have very little compression. Most of
the time he doesn't even pull the piston out of the cylinder. He will oil the
cylinder up really good, then belt the new toy up to his tractor. He runs the
engine for a couple of hours, just making sure to keep plenty of oil on the
cylinder & piston.
 After the belted up engine has been run this way for a while, it has tons of
compression. As far as I know, he has never had a piston built up, or a
cylinder bored.  It might be worth a try for you to try this method, it's much
cheaper than the other option :-)
 Good luck,
 Dwight Vivas
 Matoaca, VA.