[SEL] Insurance and safety rules

Gene Waugh gwaugh at wowway.com
Wed May 18 21:20:11 PDT 2005

Jeff,

I have been following this thread with interest.

I am a very low key old engine fan.  I have a couple cheaper engines, but
nothing really "collectible".  IH As (both sizes), a Sattley solid flywheel
hit n miss.

Also, I have several old(er) David Bradley walk-behind garden tractors and
associated implements.

I say all of this to point out that I am by NO means one of the powerhouses
in the old engine movement.  But NOWHERE have I been able to find a more
likeable group of folks, and I surely do enjoy their company and engines.
My involvement with the hobby is just as (or more so) social than as a
collector.

I am also becoming an elder statesman (curmudgeon?), and there is NO WAY I
could deal with the "PC" rules that your club has adopted.

IMHO, the younger, more PC attuned folks have attained management / power of
the club, and are going to take it to where THEY want to take it, not where
most of the members want to take it.

My solution with such truck has been simply to accept it and go my own way;
I have come to accept that there is no way I can stop or change it.

Gene
Gene Waugh
Elgin, Illinois USA