[SEL] Insurance and safety rules

Joseph L Betz jlb94 at juno.com
Wed May 18 08:08:19 PDT 2005

Hi Jeff

Thanks for posting YOUR club's rules.

I seriously don't believe anyone would actually try to enforce these
rules as they are written.
If so - I don't think I would care to attend.  Either as an Exhibitor -
or - a Spectator.

They may be written this way to protect the club should something happen.

As for the clothing issue.  It's pretty hard to tell a person he can't
attend because of the appearance of his clothes.  They may be greasy from
working on something or they may be "stained" from grease & dirt (as many
of mine are).  I can put on a pair of jeans that look greasy but are
actually clean.

I would have to ask why they even put that comment in there.  There must
be a reason other than to look nice.

Alcohol - - - How ya gonna tell someone he can't bring in a few beers in
his cooler ?  If he gets drunk and outta hand - - - Then the CLUB is
protected.

I've never seen a club that wouldn't accept a member at ANY age.

Just my 2 cents.