[SEL] Distasterous news for the historical machinery movementin Australia!!!...now collectors or restorers

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Tue May 17 04:51:16 PDT 2005

I think that there is a big difference between a collector and a restorer.
The latter derives more pleasure restoring rather than running around the
country with a cheque book . I would fall into the latter category .....I
can honestly say i have only ever paid for an engine once and that was too
bloody much . Perhaps i have been lucky but i have always been given or
swapped engines. Should i hang my head in shame ? I  would rather spend the
money on tools or equipment and enjoy the challenge of bringing an engine
back to life.I am sure there are many who share the same sentiments.
As for getting off my arse and going around and buying worthy pieces of
machinery ......that is the sort of response i would expect from a cheque
book collector.

---