[SEL] Roll Back Gooseneck

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Fri May 13 10:50:28 PDT 2005

Yea Rob..I've seen dump trailers, tilt trailers, and maybe the one you're
thinking of a "Sliding axle" trailer.  Unlock some pins, set the trailer
brakes, pull forward and the axle(s) slide forward leaving the back on the
trailer on the ground.  Not sure how one puts it back for trailering.

  But I've never seen a rollback trailer, but thot I'd ask, living where I
do as we're lucky to have push button telephones:-))

  And I agree..at my age a winch is a necessity:-(.

  But the ultimate trailer that I'd like to build would have 4-6 vertical
hydraulic cylinders..get to the show, pull some pins, hit the hydraulic
button and the trailer bed raises off the frame.  Drive off and let the
cylinders down.  Instant display and standards for the rope.  Optional
inflatable pontoons for Portland could be added.

  Could a guy haul an 8 ton engine with tandem dual axles?

Thanks Rob..back to painting with the BOSS..buttering her up for tomorrow's
swapmeet and go look at that 8 tonner.

later,
RickinMT>