[SEL] Photo database

Ken Christison christison at coastalnet.com
Fri May 13 08:20:06 PDT 2005

Jeff,

I think the database idea is a great one, but one which requires a lot of
time
and frustration.  My engine picture links page:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/christison/links/  was a somewhat feeble
attempt
at a database, though not very well indexed or categorized. The beginning
of the
demise of my page was Photopoint.  A lot of folks were using it and when it
went
under, people went to various other similar services, and just didn't have
the time to
follow up on all of them.  I have gotten so busy with my syrupmaking and
gristmilling pages that the picture links page has really been neglected.
I personally visited each of the pages that are indexed and did the
listings.  The
frustrating part is that many of the engines pictured on the web are not
ID'd, thus
either requiring the indexer to be a real expert at identification, or
simply to ignore
them which is tough.

Don Siefker's page is indexed in a useful manner, though not cross-indexed
as perhaps a true database should be.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/siefker/

Just a few thoughts...

Ken