[SEL] Generator hookup

Gene Waugh gwaugh at wowway.com
Wed May 11 13:36:21 PDT 2005

"..................
Rick:

It may be worth mentioning that 250V DC can be Lethal, be awfully
careful what you are doing and keep both hands away from electrical
bits at a time, or one in your pocket at least!

We've been running a big 600V DC charger here recently, and had to
take a lot of precautions, but 200-250V DC will kill you just as
easily.

Peter............."

As a 11-12 yr old, my family lived in a remote area in Peru, SA.  Our house
elec was 250 DC, diesel generated by large stationary generators on a
government experimental farm.  I got my hand wrapped around a lamp socket
one time, and could do NOTHING but dance at random.  Just danced around the
room until I accidentally (but happily!!!) unplugged the damned thing.  I
had socks on, and my feet were at least moist (it was HUMID there).

My older brother, Paul, had made thatlamp, and I remember yet today when he
bought the cord for it, there was only a little left on the spool----say,
maybe 15 feet.  He said..."Well, that is a longer cord than I need, but I
will take all that is left, and I will be able to put the lamp anywhere in
the room I want!!!

Gene
Gene Waugh
Elgin, Illinois USA