[SEL] Generator hookup

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Wed May 11 06:18:46 PDT 2005

Hi Ed;
  Yes, I've posted on S&A also, and everyone says this is a weird duck.  We
got this engine from a guy who's had it for many years.  It was used to
charge the batteries on an ore cart rig at a local silver mine.  He says
he'll take us up to the mine one of these days.

  She's a very sweet runner, made by the Universal Motor Co. in Oshkosh,
circa 1923ish.  I'm wondering if this generator didn't also double as a
starter.  Evidence on the hand crank handle suggests that it was very seldom
started with the crank.

  I'll get out the DVM and do some ohmin'.  Here's the album with the
genset:

http://community.webshots.com/album/291395326wWDmvi

Thanks for the reply, pard!!
RickinMt.