[SEL] Mystery to me

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Sun May 8 09:40:40 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Strobel" <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com>
To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2005 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: [SEL] Mystery to me

> Thank you Charlie!  This site is quite a "Glory Hole" and we have yet to
> communicate with the owner.  Mainly a "Steamer," this guy created a real
> Goldmine.  There are a few gas engines there mainly in pieces.
>   We now know the owner and his son have passed on leaving a widow.  Cork
> has tried to call her, no answer, left message, no returned call.  Any help
> dealing with a widow would be appreciated.
>   As far as the literature goes, it would be fantastic reading, but only at
> your convience which is rare this time of year :-))
> Take Care and thanks again!
> Rick, with Cork on the side

Hi Rich, I hope you have better luck than me!
A chap a from few miles away showed me a F & J
3 HP that was the same as the one I was showing at a show.
(A rare engine in England)
There were a few other O/C engines in the yard with sheets over.
He told me he had a large shed full of old engines but it wasn't
convenient at the time to show me.
Within a year he had died & I have rung his widow twice a year for the last
15 years & she always says "Oh yes Mr Croft me must sort that out shortly"
Needless to say nothing ever happens!
Dave Croft
Warrington
England