[SEL] Friend piston questions

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed May 4 13:52:03 PDT 2005

On 5/4/05, Michael Tucker <mtucker at uky.edu> wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> Lincoln is restoring a 4 hp Friend Model BX (throttle governed) and
> he needs some help with it.  Long story, but the piston is DEAD, as
> in using it is totally out of the question.  So, he is in search of a
> replacement piston.  The diameter is 4 inches and the distance from
> the top of the piston to the top of the wrist pin hole is 1.45
> inches.  The diameter of the wrist pin hole is a little more than
> 0.75 inches.

Mike:

I'm scanning through the Specialloid piston catalogue while eating my
dinner, and there are plenty of 4" bore pistons in there, the biggest
problem seems to be the small gudgeon pin diameter and the compression
height (centre of gudgeon pin to top of piston)

Waukesha, Reo, Federal, Fordson, Hercules and many more have them, but
I see your biggest problem being with the small wrist pin size,
followed by the compression height.

I'll  keep on looking and will shout is something near comes up.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com