[SEL] Alamo experts

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue May 3 12:39:50 PDT 2005

Alamo experts,
I am working on reassembling the 5HP Alamo. Everything is together but I
am stumped about the connection between the hole (9/16" dia) in the top
of the latchout arm and the spindle coming out of the bottom of the
flyball governor. There is a cross hole in the lower end of the governor
spindle and a tapped hole for a screw in the side of the latchout arm.
Is there simply a screw installed to connect the two? Since it is
threaded on both sides of the latchout out arm, perhaps there is a thin
tube/bushing over the screw?

If anyone has a parts book that might show the parts of the latchout
mechanism on a walking beam engine I could sure use a scan/copy/fax.
I can take a couple of pictures if this will be useful.
Thanks,
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC