[SEL] Honda oil plug OT

kerogas at sbcglobal.net kerogas at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 31 05:18:59 PST 2005

   In my sixty-one years I have never heard of anyone wearing out an oil pan
> hole except from over tightening and stretching things or from cross
threading.
>  Remember, this bolt has only been removed and reinstalled about 40 times.

   If you installed  it 38 of those  times that leaves 2 chances
for the hamfisted to intervene on your behalf ,I see one at least every
other day .
Ever seen someone strip out all 20  wheel bolts on the same car ?

>I  believe the Honda dealer screwed up and then wanted us to pay for their
> mistake.

Its usually the last to work on that gets the blame ,
but he is also usually the guy trying to -remove-
the seized fastener the other guy "got tight" enough .