[SEL] Honda oil plug OT

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 05:34:49 PST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 04:29:11 -0800 (PST), bill at antique-engines.com
<bill at antique-engines.com> wrote:
> SHORT? I go 1,000 on classic cars, 3,000 miles on new cars, not a spec over.
> And they last and last and last...........
> Never wore out a single internal engine part.
> My Javelin will get an oil change every 1,000 miles, the 95 truck and 03
> jeep, every 3,000.
> After seeing inside engines all these years when people go over that, it's
> scary.
> Of course, if you put THAT many miles on it's probably all highway or
> higher speed longer drives, which helps.
>
> Bill

We get 250,000 or so miles before we change the vehicles, the last one
(diesel) was exceptionally clean internally before sold it, but that
was run on fully synthetic oil from new and oil changes at 12000 miles
religiously.

The current (diesel) van was new in September 04, we have done nearly
30,000 miles so far with one oil change at 20,000 miles as scheduled.
That is currently on semi-synthetic but that's because the dealer
didn't do as he was told and fill it with the oil we supplied....

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com