[SEL] Re: Lister paint colours overseas

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 02:09:49 PST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:11:03 +0100, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I receive many requests both from List members and from others about
> the correct Lister paint colour.
>
> The actual reference is:
>
> BS381C Shade 226 Mid Brunswick Green.

I had a word with our local Autopaint International guy this morning,
and got him to take the formulation off the computer for me. The
information is below if anyone fancies a bash at getting some made:

This is for 1 litre (1000 millilitres)

   Qty           Colour              Code        Description
  781.5ml   Medium Green      406        Close to RAL7005 in colour
  117.2ml   Black                   409        'Controlled Strength' Black
  97.7ml     Yellow                  431        Close to RAL1003 in colour
  39.1ml     White                   400

That actually makes up just over 1035 millilitres of paint.

RAL 7005 is a 'strong' yellow, almost getting on for orange, but a
good paint place will have a RAL colour swatch.

Because all the mixers have different compilations of paints, there
will be differences in the basic make-up of this colour. This
compilation is for 2-pack paint.

Hope this is of some help.

Peter
--