[SEL] Lister paint colours overseas

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 04:11:03 PST 2005

I receive many requests both from List members and from others about
the correct Lister paint colour.

The actual reference is:

BS381C Shade 226 Mid Brunswick Green.

In the UK, there is a Dupont paint reference 47617, but this does not
translate into any other Dupont region, ie: you can't go to Dupont in
California and throw that number at them and get this colour.

I have just renewed my acquaintaince with the guy at Dupont UK who has
confirmed that we cannot use the UK reference in the USA etc. The BS
reference system is recognised by paint makers worldwide and they
'should' be able to mix to that colour reference.

I will also bring over with me this year a few paint swatche samples
to leave with guys to get colour matches with, this will help matters
I hope. I have to get these made up and painted, but hope to be able
to bring some to Tulare and to Portland.

Same applies to epoxy powder, we can get powder made to colour, but
have to buy 100kgs minimum order, nobody carries the colour on the
shelf (25kg boxes)

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes