[SEL] Petter Gib Key Update - Need Help!!!

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 22:04:45 PST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:44:37 +1000, Reg Ingold
<randmingold at hotkey.net.au> wrote:
> When you manage to break the bolt off in the hole, you will wonder why you
> didnt drill it right through!!

I think the slide hammer option can work, but I'd go for a coarse
thread rather than fine, and the largest size I could get into the end
of the key.

> I suppose you can stuff it completely by breaking off a drill in the hole!

Interesting job, getting a Petter M onto a spark eroding machine....

> Here is something to think on.
> THE FIRST TOUCH OF THE DRILL DECIDES IF THE JOB GETS TURNED TO SCRAP!!!
> So, make damn sure you do it ALL properly. There aint any shortcuts. If that
> drill starts off wrong, nothing you do will stop the drama developing.

That's right, take as much time and care as needed.

> Reg & Marg Ingold.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes