[SEL] Petter Gib Key Update - Need Help!!!

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 13:28:03 PST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:46:11 -0600, Paul Maples
<paulmaples at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Ok gang I have went from bad to worse on trying to remove the gib key from the little Petter Engine. Since I have no machining capabilities these are the things I have tried:

Drill down the length of the key and collapse it into the hole. You'll
need to be careful and use a good drill and a steady hand. Start off
small and work up to just under the height/width of the key. A small
punch can then be used to gently knock the sides into the hole.

The key is probably quite hard/tough so don't expect a five-minute
job. With care, it can be very successful, but if you rush it you'll
damage the crankshaft of the flywheel hub.

Almost as bad a fitting worktops against an uneven tiled wall !! :-(

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com