[SEL] Re: Rushden Cavalcade & Real Ale

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 14:08:17 PST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:31:25 -0500 (EST), Arnie Fero
<fero_ah at city-net.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Listerdiesel wrote:
>
> > Fortunately the Rushden Cavalcade has been moved on the calendar and
> > also a new location, so Arnie won't see it in the mud-bath of old, it
> > has moved 5 miles south just on the A6 road south of Rushden, slightly
> > nearer to us, we live on the southern outskirts of town just off the
> > same road.
>
> What are their plans regarding the real ale festival that's been held in
> conjunction with the Rushden Cavalcade?  In previous years, the "beer
> tent" was that gorgeous old barn and they had a truly mind boggling
> assortment of 40 or 50 different barrels of ale.

The old RHTS website has closed and they have a new address:

http://www.cavalcade.org.uk/

> As far as I was concerned the engine show was just a pleasent
> accompanyment to the ale tasting.
> http://www.oldengine.org/members/arnie/yank2000/arnie+steamer.jpg

Beer varieties and prices for 2004 are here:

http://www.cavalcade.org.uk/Beer.htm

> See ya,  Arnie
>
> PS - Are you going to Tulare in April?

We booked the flight last September, so you could say we are going to
Tulare!  We are staying overnight at Visalia on the 16th and returning
back to San Jose with Tim & Sally on the Sunday after the main day at
the show.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes