[SEL] ebay scam alert - pass this onto tractor people - particularly in Oz where this guy seems to prey most...

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Thu Mar 24 17:11:19 PST 2005

I found a John Deere compact utility tractor in new condition on ebay.
The unit was at $150 with zero bids. There were three from the same
seller boys131085 all in Onslow Western Australia (does this town
exist?). After I asked my question I got an email from ebay kinda
advising me to avoid the seller (if you read between the lines) and they
cancelled all the seller's items from ebay - they are gone without trace.

This morning I found another tractor probably from the same person (same
location, same setup, different ebay seller swanvalley51)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11752&item=7503449687&rd=1
This one is a Kubota working on the same scam setup... I'm going to ask
this seller a question too and see what happens.

Here is the message I got from ebay (I've checked the full headers and
it really is from ebay - directly with no intervening parties and the IP
addresses are in the range assigned to ebay)

Here is the message I got back the seller to my query about the JD

pjp at steamengine.com.au
Emerald, Victoria, Australia
www.steamengine.com.au