[SEL] Need Help with 1-1/2 HP Petter

Larry Anger junkmeister2002 at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 24 08:12:51 PST 2005

Paul - My Son and I removed several just recently and we didn't use the key stock method. We just lined it up by eye very carefully and drilled.  Drill your hole only about 1-1/2" deep. Just enough to tap the threads for a bolt. If you can get a 5/16" or 3/8" bolt in the key it should come out. Use a Grade 8 bolt if possible. It should work out OK. Just take your time.

Larry.

Paul Maples <paulmaples at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Larry if you read my last post to Jeff Alan you will note that my greatest
fear is drilling off center and going through the hub of the flywheel. I
don't have enough empty keyway to use a piece of center drilled keystock for
a guide. Also if you will look closely you will note that the tank on the
end is bent outwards from me using a gib key puller on it so I no longer
have a nice square perpendicular surface to start trying to drill a straight
hole.

Thanks.

Paul