[SEL] OT... need some computer advice for Windows XP

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:48:37 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:39:02 -0600, Bill Dickerson
<bill at antique-engines.com> wrote:
> W2K is more stable IMHO. XP is fine, but has its own issues.
> When you start adding bells and whistles, it takes more code, more
> horsepower, and leads to instabilities.
> Alas, progress - and the 'dumbing-down' of operating systems for the
> masses..........
>
> Bill

Yes, we much prefer Win2kPro and have seven machines running it
without any issues. I don't quite see why Microsoft introduced XP when
they had a pretty good system in Win2kPro, but there are future
licensing matters that are going to be a possible problem for XP users
eventually if they get their way, and Win2kpro will probably be
dropped after a few more years.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes