[SEL] "Free wheel, Locked wheel"

Joseph L Betz jlb94 at juno.com
Tue Mar 22 19:23:17 PST 2005

Hi Rick & Cork,

I'm assuming you're talking about flat belts ??

I'm also assuming you know the principal used to run machinery from a
"line shaft".

The locked pulley is used to run the pump or pump jack with power from an
engine of some sort.

By moving the belt from the "locked" pulley to the "free" pulley (usually
by some sort of lever) simply stops the pump without stopping the engine
- or - main power source.

Hope this answers your question.

I have a grind stone set up with the "locked" and "free" or "idle"
pulley.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
 ,-._,-.         "Conceit is an odd disease:
 \/)"(\/        It makes everyone sick but the one who has it."
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz