[SEL] "Free wheel, Locked wheel"

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Tue Mar 22 19:12:15 PST 2005

Hi Rick,
If you were running a lineshaft, or, wanted to start an engine without load,
you could shift the belt to the free wheeling pulley.  Then, when you were
ready to run and the belt is moving, take a stick of wood and push the belt
sideways onto the drive wheel.  The freewheeling pulley allows you to shut down the
machine without stopping the power source.
Regards,
Ron Carroll
Clearmont, MO USA

In a message dated 3/22/2005 8:22:44 PM Central Standard Time,