[SEL] Economy 2-1/2 HP E

Rex Hinz rexhinz at chorus.net
Tue Mar 22 16:40:51 PST 2005

Hi All:

        Working on the Economy and found the hopper caked with about 1 inch
of petrafied grease , crude oil ? or Exon renaments ,  what would cause the
hopper to be oil caked ? I checked for leaks in the cylinder and any cracks
and found none , is it possible the oiler was dripping or leaking ? if so
there must have been one heck of a leak , maybe the owner used oil instead
of water for cooling ? this engine is well used as all the gears need to be
replaced , any one have any extras ? I can get them from Ed at hitmiss but
would prefer original , I also have to weld up the push rod as it is worn in
the normal places,  otherwise its going  wEll I Tink.
Later
REx Hinz