[SEL] Dogs on show grounds (OT?)

Joseph L Betz jlb94 at juno.com
Tue Mar 22 07:17:34 PST 2005

Hi Peter,
I always take my mate Gibo to the shows ,being a Kangaroo he can carry a
few
things in the pouch ,ie spanners and even the tinnies.
=        =        =        =        =        =        =        =        =

Very - Very Kewl !!!
In my original response to this I touched a little on dogs being led
around the show and not enjoying being there.
But - people want to bring their pets.  I guess we have to understand
that the pet is a "part of the family",
(at least mine is)  and, people will bring them to the show or stay away.

I think a notice posted that animals MUST be under control and MUST be
picked up after, should be sufficient.
I don't necessarily mean they have to be leashed but if a dog is prone to
jump on people or invade people's space,
or start fights with other dogs, or not responsive to the owner's call,
then maybe they need a leash.  If they poop - it MUST be cleaned up - and
- the owner should be responsible.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
 ,-._,-.         "Conceit is an odd disease:
 \/)"(\/        It makes everyone sick but the one who has it."
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz