[SEL] Dogs on show grounds (OT?)

Joseph L Betz jlb94 at juno.com
Mon Mar 21 08:35:45 PST 2005

Hi Mike,

I have been taking Hunska (aka Honey) to shows for as long as I can
remember.
She has always been well behaved and I usually put her on a leash when I
walk around the show site or get close to a kitchen area.
At my station, she usually stays within the area.
People have always been receptive to her as she is well behaved and not
overly friendly.
But, if you're eating a berger, she'll sit there and stare you to death.

Any dog that won't listen and stay by the owner should not be allowed to
run.
Dog fights will happen - but usually because of human interference.

Dog waste MUST be cleaned up by the owner - No if's, and's or but's.
Usually, Hunska will need to do her business as soon as we park so I take
her to the woods - first thing.

I like to see dogs at shows - but I love dogs.
I feel sorry for a dog that is on a leash of a "spectator" and is being
lead around the grounds obviously not enjoying itself.

If a person can't / won't control the dog - and the dog obviously don't
want to be there - Leave it home.

There are shows that do not allow any pets.
I won't boycot a show because of it - but - That show won't be on top of
my list.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
 ,-._,-.         "Conceit is an odd disease:
 \/)"(\/        It makes everyone sick but the one who has it."
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz