[SEL] OT Another case of web site rip-off

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 09:30:34 PST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:31:48 -0800, Steve Gray <segray at mlode.com> wrote:
> Hi Arnie -
>
>   My thoughts exactly. As it turns out, though I did (cautiously) give
> them the go-ahead to use my stuff, they decided it better to pull
> everything down and to start over with a clean slate. After their reply
> to my original response, they have since emailed me again after
> obviously poring over my website. I kind of get the impression it
> surprised them. What is interesting is what I hear from my "informant"
> buddy who also owns an engine business, that these Andree people have
> never owned or even started a Lister/Listeroid. They allegedly have a
> very strong habit of "expanding" the truth about individual sales, in
> some cases those not even being brokered by their own firm. As a final
> note, both he and the wife have been permanently booted from Ebay for
> their past dealings. Sounds like a real Jeckle and Hyde syndrome to me.
> I think it's probably better to hold off putting any links to their site
> on my links page. ;-)
>
> TTYL
>
> -Steve

Unfortunately there has grown up a largish trade in Indian-built
copies of Lister and Petter engines, all or most of which have
questionable quality and lineage. This hasn't stopped a large number
being sold here as 'biodiesel-ready' when in fact they are anything
but.

The use of 'Lister' in the adverts on the website quite freely in
respect of the engines is also something that should be stopped, as
they bear no relation at all to the original engines other than their
size and general shape.

While I appreciate Arnie's thoughts behind suggesting a link to our
website, I would prefer not to in this case as I wouldn't want to lend
my name to this operation, which is questionable in every sense of the
word.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes