[SEL] FM Mdl Z Style C 3HP

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 17:28:17 PST 2005

Hi Jim,

I would figure it is just a bearing problem.
The FBM ZC 52 that I traded off had one bad bearing.  It was the side that had the heavy clutch
pulley and had spent years belted up to an oil well in Texas.

That one flywheel whould hop around and wobble so much that the whole engine would take off at a
good fast walking speed across the yard.  Jumping and bucking like that it was a real challenge to
shut it down without it landing on my feet.  I was going to fix it, but then I figured that if I
went to all that trouble I still would have a boring, enclosed crank, throttle governed engine
that I didn't like.  When I found a guy that wanted it in trade for a nice, hot, Webster mag and
bracket for my 1918, 1-1/2HP, H&M Hercules E I was glad to trade it off.

Download a catalog from HitnMiss, Find the item number for your bearing and see if that fixes
things.  IMHO it should.   1/16 inch is a wobble. That is just a flinch.  You would have got
really excited if you were as close as I was to my raging beast. After I got it shut down I
grabbed that clutch pulley and I could lift it at least a half inch because of the slop.

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan