[SEL] OT Another case of web site rip-off

Steve Gray segray at mlode.com
Tue Mar 15 12:51:25 PST 2005

Hi Arnie -

You silver tongued devil, you! ;-) I just received this from the culprits:

*************

Dear Steve,

Our Company received this feedback form our website this morning in
regards to some pictures that are displayed on the website. We had
no idea that our customers sent us pictures from your website and we
truly apologize for this misunderstanding.

We have visited your website today and would like your permission to
display these photo’s and add a link to your website as well. We
also offer Free web hosting for people such as yourself to help keep
these beautiful old engines alive.

Please let us know as to your feelings on the matter,

Thank you,
The Old Style Listers Team

(original message from fero_ah at city-net.com hidden)

Now all of a sudden it's somebody else's doing; that they weren't the ones grabbing other's files?? Hmmmmmm.... Seems to me they should have checked first BEFORE posting.
  OK, so what's the general feeling? Should they be allowed to continue, WITH credits, or rough it without the files? After their earlier comments, I'm not a happy camper. I intend to respond to the email above and let them know where I'm coming from on the matter. I think basically, their response to that will decide what happens.
  Thanks, Arnie, for stirrin' 'em up (and the kind comments)!  :-)

- Steve

--
Steve Gray
Member EDGE & TA, Br. 13, 27 & 49