[SEL] My "New" Genset

Tod Engine todengine at zoominternet.net
Sun Mar 13 17:24:27 PST 2005

Today I bought a 10kw ex military genset on ebay.  I hope to pick it up this week and put it to immediate use.

Since neither the Tod Engine museum site or our restoration shop has electric service this generator will be very useful.  Its going to be mounted on a trailer so it can easily be moved between our two sites. I've estimated the cost between $5,000 to $8,000 to put electrical service at both properties and since we can't spare that kind of cash right now a generator has been wanted. I've been using a 4000 watt borrowed generator thus far which is good for lights but not any heavy work.  Also the noise level is horrible.

Here is the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3880313866&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Isn't it a beauty!  That nice yellow paint sure makes it more visually appealing than the original olive drab green.   I sure hope we get a few years of trouble free service from it.

Rick Rowlands
Executive Director
Tod Engine Heritage Park
William Tod 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Steam Engine
Youngstown, OH
http://www.todengine.org/
Photo Albums Online: http://community.webshots.com/user/todengine