[SEL] Kohler information

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 11:14:22 PST 2005

I had a look though the book pile while chasing some magneto
information for Rick, and find that we have the following Kohler
information:

Kohler 1M21 & 1A21 (Manual and Auto) Army TM5-5371 Publication 1952
Radiator over the generator style of genny set. (I think Jim Dunmyer's
genny is this type)

Kohler 1.75MM to 5MM Air-cooled Kohler & B&S Engines

Kohler 3.5A21 to 5A21 3.5kVA to 5kVA water-cooled Kohler L600 engine
in all models. Radiator is in front of the engine on this style of
genny.

The middle book gives a part number breakdown which might be useful:

First digits are the output power 1.75 = 1.75kVA
Next Letters
M = Manual Starting
B = Briggs & Stratton engine
C = 12V Electric Start for -HS (Home Start) models
F = 50Hz operation
M = Air cooled engine
Second-last digit:
2 = 120V 1 phase 2 wire
4 =  240V 1 phase 2-wire
6 = 120/240V 1 phase 3-wire
Last digit:
5 = Gas fuelled portable set.

Thus 3.5MFM65 =

3.5kVA
Manual Start
50Hz Operational Frequency
Air-cooled Kohler Engine
120C 1-phase 3-wire
Gas fuel

Hope this is of some help to folks. All the books are originals BTW...

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com